In a world where digital plays an increasingly important part in every business and Agile and DevOps are predominant, Digivante offer a truly unique solution to ensure our customers digital platforms work first time, every time. Our quality assurance services advance our customers quality practices and delivery process through a blend of best-in-class consulting and rapid continuous test execution informed by unique device analytics.
Based out of Cheltenham, but fully remote Digivante are growing at over 50% per annum have over 300 customers including Next, Audi, Superdry, LV, Discovery Channel, BBC, HM Courts and Tribunals along with dozens of other household names. In a market set to be worth £35b by 2024 we are just scratching the surface of what is possible.
About the Role:
This role is a hybrid role combining the skills of an automation tester with the customer facing skills of a technical consultant. It suits an individual with a more technical background wishing to grow their business acumen and grow towards future leadership roles. This role will involve providing customer test automation outcomes, whilst developing a new reusable Digivante Test Automation Framework as part of a new strategic initiative. You will need to have a clear understanding of all types of testing and be able to communicate this clearly and effectively.
UK APPLICANTS ONLY
In this role you’ll get to:
- Work under your own initiative, and with support by our team of developers, designing & delivering a Test automation solution which can be used repeatedly for different customer needs with the minimum amount of customisation.
- With support by our Product Management function, you will use Agile techniques to provide short term solutions and establishing a longer-term roadmap of the Test Automation Framework.
- Support the Service Delivery Lead, you will be providing consultancy across all touchpoints of the sales process to ensure clients have the right mix of automation and manual processes in place to ensure high quality releases and identifying the right Digivante services to use according to the client’s maturity.
- Provide technical direction and at times, implementation effort, to further Digivante’s internal test automation implementation for its products and services.
- As part of Digivante’s continual improvement, provide guidance to existing internal test roles in terms of best practices, areas for improvement, and training opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Account Management lead to enhance Customer Growth plans with a focus on identifying customer Quality Engineering maturity and shaping its growth.
- Strategically, you will feed into the Product Roadmap with innovative ideas facing test automation, Quality Engineering, and Continuous Quality.
We are looking for people who have:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a testing role with 4+ years of hands-on experience working with test automation tools for visual, UI, API, contract testing.
- Ability to carry out consultancy for clients.
- Self-starter that can work on own initiative.
- Excellent articulation and effective communication skills to senior stakeholders
- Have solid understanding of Git and/or comparable workflows.
- Have experience in architecting and implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for complex front end and back-end systems.
- Have experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios, by pairing, reviewing unit tests and coaching on testing best practices.
- Understand and advocate for CI/CD with experience with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc
- Have experience working with cross-functional agile teams and delivering products, collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation, with the ability to interact with various levels of individual and management to educate and influence Automation test strategy.
- Experience with using automation dashboards, consoles, and test management tools like Zephyr or Testrail.
- Experience running unattended, regularly scheduled automated tests in test environments.
- Experience with Behaviour & Test-Driven Development (BDD, TDD), particularly Cucumber
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
- Experience in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), ideally both as IaaS and PaaS
- Experience in containerisation (Docker) and containerisation infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.)
Experience with any of the below tech is desirable (more is better)
- Cucumber, Gherkin
- Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, WebdriverIO, Appium, Serenity
- SoapUI, Postman
- TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI
- MongoDB, postgresql
- CI/CD/Continuous testing
- BitBucket, Git
- BrowserStack, SauceLab
- BDD, TDD, Unit Testing
- Apache Kafka
- Kibana, Datadog
Why you will love working here
- We are a high performing team of 40 people and growing. We have offices in Cheltenham and London but a fully remote working culture to attract and retain the best talent.
- We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
- We value learning and will help you with your personal development in every way we can. Our mission is to help you succeed and flourish within the company and your career.
- We have highly ambitious targets of 100% revenue growth year and year and all the profit is pumped back into the company to facilitate more growth.
- We are not VC backed. Although you will not have millions to spend you will have complete freedom to rapidly execute your vision with zero bureaucracy.